One of our objectives is to support young people who want to deepen their engagement with the arts, build creative and leadership skills, and achieve a national qualification.
The Ideas Hub Chelmsford is an Arts Award Registered Organisation: https://www.artsaward.org.uk/
The Ideas Hub is building its portfolio of Arts Award opportunities for local young people. Examples include:
- Home Ed Arts Award workshops: The Ideas Hub is providing weekly STEAM discovery workshops for Home Educated young people
- Youth summer work experience projects: The Ideas Hub’s educational officers are Arts Award trained and create tailored projects
- STEAM Classes for Children: We hope to run soon after school and Saturday Arts Award STEAM clubs for Chelmsford’s young art and science enthusiasts
The awarding body responsible for Arts Award is Trinity College London. In England, Arts Award is managed by Trinity in association with Arts Council England and 10 regional Bridge organisations drive participation.
Arts Award’s Principles
- To offer learning and qualifications which support individual creative development in any setting
- To place young people at the heart of the Arts Award process
- To increase young people’s experience and understanding of arts practitioners and cultural organisations
- To embrace new art forms and technologies
- To reach the widest possible range of young people