Terms and Conditions for Artist Space Hire
Chelmsford Ideas Hub
Terms and conditions for ‘Artist’ Space Hire @ The Art Place,Unit 6/7, Meadows Shopping Center, 42-47 High Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6FD.
This document forms the terms and conditions of hire of spaces by a hirer (you) at The Ideas Hub (we/us).
By ticking the T&C box at the time of booking, you acknowledge and confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to comply with the terms and conditions contained within this document.
A: Booking Procedure
- Advance payment is required to secure all bookings at The Art Place. You must be able to produce a booking confirmation on the day of the reservation; failing that, you may be denied access to our space.
- No reimbursement can be given on cancellation
- For monthly bookings, 1 week notice has to be given for cancellation
- Once we have received payment, a confirmation email with the booking details will be send to you. It is your responsibility to ensure you have received this message. If you do not receive this message, please contact the Ideas Hub ‘s soon as possible. The same rules and procedure apply for booking cancellations.
- Times of use are regulated by the Meadows Shopping centre opening hours and it is not possible to extend. All activities need to take place between 9am and 5.30pm and this include setting up and tidying up times so please allow enough time for those. If you fail to keep to your allotted time, our staff will prompt you to vacate the space. Persistent late finishes may result in future bookings being cancelled.
- All hirers must tell us in advance if they are expecting any wheelchair users. The Meadows shopping centre offers accessible toilet facilities and refreshments facilities can be made accessible.
B: Conditions of Occupation of the creative co-working space
Please report to reception upon arrival
- Noise levels: Noise levels in all spaces must be kept to a reasonable level. If you are disturbing other users, you will be advised to reduce your noise level by The Art Place staff.
2.1: you may be able to borrow some of The Art Place equipment e.g: soldering iron, embossing machine, 3D Printer etc. A charge will be asked to cover the cost of renewing materials.
2.2: Any equipment brought into the building should be compliant with current guidance and legislation. All electrical items must be PAT tested and flammable objects must be treated with fireproof spray. Hirers are required to have a list of all equipment in use and relevant supporting documentation.
2.3: The space is equipped with Wi-Fi signal and this is accessible through a guest account; you can ask for the login details at Reception. Please note this is a free service which is not set up for the purpose of live streaming and there are no guarantees from our part as to its speed and reliability.
- Health & Safety:
3.1: It is your entire responsibility to make sure your activities are safe for yourself and for others sharing the space. We require you not to use any dangerous substances/ materials eg: gas, naked flame etc. It is your responsibility to provide the safety equipment you need (Respirator Face/ Dusk Mask, googles, gloves etc).
3.2: Hirers need to have their own insurance to cover any situation involving loss or injury to a member of the public as a result of their own activities.
3.3: A risk assessment should be carried out and be available for The Art Place staff in advance and on the day. The Place takes no responsibility for the content or health & safety of events/classes run by external hirers.
3.4: A first aid kit and accident book are kept at Reception. Should a participant in your session sustain an injury, Duty managers and Reception staff are first aid trained. If you require further medical assistance, our Reception staff can assist you. We ask that you inform Reception if you have called for emergency services. Please note, our staff will not be able to accompany injured participants off-site.
3.5: All hirers must make themselves familiar with the fire evacuation procedures and must make sure participants are briefed on course of action in case of fire
- Cleanliness: The Art Place is run by volunteers. We therefore require from all users of the Creative co-working creative space to take responsibility for the cleanliness of that space to the level of cleanliness found.
- All tools and materials put away at the end of your session (even if you are back the following day),
- Cups etc are washed and put away
- waste is disposed in the bins provided (please recycle)
Storage: all items (equipment/ products etc) left at The Art Place are left at the owner’s risk. We are not liable for and cannot cover loss of your personal property.
- You may want to consider the use of a lockable container. Any items left after a month long non use of the space will be disposed of unless prior agreement.
- DAMAGE TO THE SPACES:
6.1 You will be liable for any damage caused to the spaces during or as a result of your hire. This includes (without any limitation) damage to the floor, walls, or equipment.
6.2 You are responsible for informing Reception if you notice anything unusual in the condition of the space you are using before commencing your booking.
6.3 We will conduct an inventory of the space. Any damages will be charged to the hirer.
6.4 The Art Place’s insurance will only cover defects with the building. We are not liable for and cannot cover loss of your personal property.